• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: News of the Word  (Read 3619 times)

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
Re: News of the Word
« Reply #68 on: 23:30 - 21 July, 2018 »
Interesting BBC Question Time last night navigating anti-semitism, racism, Labour failings with both and open criticism of Israeli oppression
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #67 on: 17:32 - 20 July, 2018 »
The Israeli are the biggest bunch of Nazis of all. (Not everyone of course) but culturally they are the chosen people, and its reflected in their cultural *approach* to other nations.

Having worked for an Israeli company (its where my ET name originates actually) in former times, and been entirely shat upon from a great height,  I would view the general cultural attitude as shit. Is that anti semite? Not really its more anti anyonewhoisacunttoo thers. and theres plenty of them everywhere.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
« Reply #66 on: 11:39 - 20 July, 2018 »
Antisemite! I think that's the standard response if you mention anything to do with Israel.

In other news, Natanyahu is a c*nt.

Antisemite!
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
SV650S Blue
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #65 on: 22:35 - 19 July, 2018 »
It’s no good... I just can’t spot the difference between PW Botha and Netanyahu

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #64 on: 09:31 - 20 May, 2018 »
If you think you'll get any sense form me after a few pints you're sadly mistaken... Or before. I think both sides should ignore sovereignty, it's red Herring.

There's not many positives because they don't exist yet, anything anyone says to promote a future state is shot down because it's an unknown and therefore has no basis in reality.

As an example, I was discussing on the tweets about food, apparently what's going to happen is we'll have no food on the shelves because JIT delivery will be affected meaning we'll have to store food in the UK so prices will go up and we'll have no food anyway because of delays in supply lines.

I've been polite on Twitter, but that's plainly bo :censored locks because for an example my banana's don't come from Greece and if they have to sit in Nitrogen for a bit longer so what? I love Serrano Ham as much as the next meat eater but it's dried, my Italian olive oil comes in cans...

The other argument is the EU brought us our employee protections, yes it has brought some but the far greater number was brought by unions, join a union if you want protection, it's been far more protective.

It's only recently that the UK has fallen out of step with EU, before that the UK agreed with EU policy up to about 90% of the time, this started to change around 2005, so we have fallen out with EU policy to agreeing with around only 75-80% of policy. Typical Brit response, happy to go along with it while we agree mostly, have to do something when we can't influence the outcome in our favour. So now they want to take their ball home with them, but to be fair the EU didn't want to listen and still doesn't. Between a rock and a hard place.
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
SV650S Blue
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #63 on: 08:52 - 20 May, 2018 »
I’d still vote to remain.

Agree that there are many issues around the EU. Taking back control/sovereignty clearly isn’t one of them as whenever this is exorcised by the upper chamber, the Mail, Express et-al throw a huge hissyfit.

The immigrants to the UK are mostly from outside the EU, so that won’t change.
Trade within the EU has made all of us richer and with a better quality of life.

Trump and his puppet master Poot’n wanted us to leave and a less powerful and intelligent EU suits their future business plans.
Same with Jacob Puss-Flap. He’s set to become even richer.

As for the inclusion of smaller poorer countries, Romania pays in far less than us, but also has less influence.

Fishing is a funny one, it’s a tiny amount of our GDP and yet people get all annoyed about it. We should have had representation in the fisheries dept with Chief Brexiteer Hypocritical Bastard being on the committee, but he failed to turn up to 90% of the meetings. Possibly to ensure that we didn’t get a good deal, but we can’t be sure of his motives.

Now, if we agree a trade deal, we’ll have many of the current rules to navigate and many of the costs, but will no longer have a say.

We’ve been promised that employment laws won’t get worse after leaving; but we were also told about £35m a week would go to the NHS. So I believe that employment rights will be demonised post B day.

It’s not an ideal situation, but if we remain at least we can have our say on shaping a future EU.

Can’t remember what the other negative points were... still looking for the positive...

Oh and John, you asked when did we vote for this?
We didn’t.
Nor did we vote for a parliament, an Police force, bank holidays, an England football team etc. That’s not relevant. It’s what we have now and how we get the best out of it.

There’s loads more to say, but I’m keeping that for SJ after a few pints with my Brexiteer chums. [emoji106]

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #62 on: 20:24 - 17 May, 2018 »
I'm a classic "Remoaner"  ;D

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #61 on: 14:12 - 17 May, 2018 »
Some common ground should be found, no doubt about it.
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
SV650S Blue
Black Kawasaki GPZ305

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #60 on: 02:03 - 17 May, 2018 »
The UK has a rich and vibrant history of deeply important and significant bribery and corruption spanning hundreds of years and that is not going to be given up when we leave Europe because it is what makes us British. Johnny (foreigner) come lately to the capitalist party hasn’t yet learned the hushed and artful ways of the elite villain or been at it long enough to be codified in their ways - from public subsidies, section 106 agreements and tax avoidance or just good old bribery to secure arms sales they can learn much from us. Corruption is everywhere. Seeing how easily elections are swayed in the west and how little active participation there is in informed and reasoned debate made me fear leaving the EU. How does a discontented and apathetic nation inform themselves and mobilise something better? A potential federal superstate I wouldn’t want but environmental protection, trade and industry and education inter-reliance, security and scientific research and defence I Did want within a diverse group of states inexorably linked through common attributes. The opportunity to fight against the ills of the EU wasn’t encouraged so we didn’t energise our MEP’s. We have allowed nationalism to blind national self determination. I respect the vote to leave but not the hardline Brexitbecause it is an obvious betrayal of the 48% and demonstrates a poor negotiated start to a UK taking back control. Of the blunt and restrictive determinism it vowed to end

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #59 on: 17:02 - 15 May, 2018 »
Them too.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #58 on: 13:44 - 14 May, 2018 »
"none of the business could be direct because of bribery, corruption, mafia and ethics. It all had to be through native distributors..."

EU Ambassadors?
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
SV650S Blue
Black Kawasaki GPZ305

Offline Rob the Nog

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 101
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #57 on: 09:29 - 14 May, 2018 »

I think I might be pro Europe  if it didn't include Eastern Europe, Greece etc... they are just so culturally and financially different that it would never work. You may recall I had a lot of business dealings in Eastern Europe, (among others) but none of the business could be direct because of bribery, corruption, mafia and ethics. It all had to be through native distributors...and these places are in Europe too. I guess all that side of it must have magically disappeared...?

I always liked Marcus Brigstocks routine about Greece in the EU nightclub https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsaKgz1v-f8

I've dealt with Eastern Europe too and agree it's a very different way of doing things.  The Balkans and Russia even more so - supposedly they 'cracked down' on a lot of their corruption, but as you say, it still needs us to work through a local distributor to 'oil the wheels'.  I'm sure there's a few meetings where a brown envelope is passed over the table to get things moving.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #56 on: 22:07 - 12 May, 2018 »
Yep. Me too.

Let me ask this question of the remainer.

When did we ever vote to join? And supposing we hadn't (assuming that everything was working as smoothly as you could reasonably expect... would you actually vote to join now (just as its all falling to peices)?

I think I might be pro Europe  if it didn't include Eastern Europe, Greece etc... they are just so culturally and financially different that it would never work. You may recall I had a lot of business dealings in Eastern Europe, (among others) but none of the business could be direct because of bribery, corruption, mafia and ethics. It all had to be through native distributors...and these places are in Europe too. I guess all that side of it must have magically disappeared...?

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #55 on: 20:30 - 12 May, 2018 »
I'd still go for leave too for reasons much the same as Nog, no representation of the people of Europe, I don't want a federal Europe (or EU Military) and I want our fishing sorted out.

The legislative process is far too unequal and not representative, it even depends on what area (say military) as to what the procedure is to propose a law, even then changes can be injected in to the law without changing the major substance. A question for you Al, how much do you feel the EU represents you?

I freely admit I may get none of those if we leave. The fight starts now, even before we leave to stop the rich and powerful bastards just using this to get more money and influence.

Sovereignty, immigration, farming, blah blah... Load of crap. I accept that these will have to be fought over tooth and nail to make sure British people get the best deal.
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
SV650S Blue
Black Kawasaki GPZ305

Offline Rob the Nog

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 101
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #54 on: 11:30 - 12 May, 2018 »
I'd still go leave, for the same reasons I did originally, political independence from the unelected EU government.

People are naturally doom and gloom at the moment, but we still haven't even sorted trade deals etc out. It'll be years before any potential benefits are realised and anyone voting leave thinking it would be a quick easy ride were naive at best.

Growth in UK business has actually been good this past year. People only see a drop in the pound as negative for their holidays but there's bigger impacts and the positives aren't really being seen yet.

I still want to see immigration, we need it after all but can at least control it better. Bad trade deals wouldnt do us or the EU any good so I'm hoping they can come to a decent agreement (Ireland do most of their business with the UK so would hit them really hard if we don't get good deals).

It could be the worst decision made, but as we knew at the referendum, it's a big question mark that we'll only know years after the departure.

The biggest problem was Toblerone using it as an excuse to stuff us over portion size, but I only buy Toblerone in other countries airports anyway.