• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: News of the Word  (Read 6019 times)

Offline Vu Ja Dave

• I may have been here before..........
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 80
  • Best Owned: Raleigh Budgie
Re: News of the Word
« Reply #133 on: 23:57 - 22 May, 2019 »
What about the thousand that lose their jobs?

TBH we rarely eat out, the quality of the food, even in the poshest of joints, is very seldom (if ever) an improvement on home cooking...  :teach

I concur.  :yesir

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
« Reply #132 on: 22:18 - 22 May, 2019 »
Greybull... Did they buy Jamies restaurants or did he balls it all up on his own?
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
SV650S Blue
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
« Reply #131 on: 19:55 - 22 May, 2019 »
Local, you say....?

Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 102
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #130 on: 11:13 - 22 May, 2019 »
Home cooking will pretty much always beat most 'standard' places as you can control the quality of the ingredients and also it'll most likely be a lot healthier.

Depends what you're after though, if feeling lazy on a Sunday but wanting a nice roast and some local pubs do great Sunday lunches and a few chains aren't that bad for eating out when being dragged around the shops out shopping with the missus.

We're lucky enough to have a place open up a few years ago near us that's within walking distance and I reckon is close to deserving a Michelin star.  They know we're local and got a little tour of the kitchen and gardens once and it's really nice there - they promote a lot of local / British fair including a fair few English wines which are surprisingly nice.  Anyway, that's our occasional eating out treat now (hopefully going this weekend actually :) ).

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #129 on: 10:51 - 22 May, 2019 »
What about the thousand that lose their jobs?

TBH we rarely eat out, the quality of the food, even in the poshest of joints, is very seldom (if ever) an improvement on home cooking...  :teach

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #128 on: 06:14 - 22 May, 2019 »
Fat tongued tw@t.

Oh well, it’s back to turkey twizzlers for lunch.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #127 on: 22:33 - 21 May, 2019 »
Aww thor thucks thake said lisping tw@t Jamie Oliver as his unsavoury business is launched into the recycling bin. Having come to fame by fingering numerous salads and “dwething wiv wuvvwyneth” and copious amounts of spittle the “naked chef” has been ravaged by financial over eating. The “chef” who has failed to have Michelin consider awarding him a lowly brown star for his “food” is no doubt downing a Peroni whilst sat on a Vespa somewhere. Having overpriced such works of genius as “goats cheese salad”, “sausage & mash”, “pizza” and a “cheese sandwich” and selling it from overpriced property in the centre of various cities the “entrepreneurial bad boy of daft inedible superlatives” had little to say on how long he thought he could keep the theatre of “the emperors new clothes” going when he started his salad bar business. Sadly a lot of people have lost their jobs but others can spend 90% less for 90% more at local shops and cafes instead.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #126 on: 08:09 - 19 May, 2019 »
Penny “Bucket Fanny Poop Deck” Mordaunt wants to give murderers, rapists and peados a hug, kiss and a get-out-of-jail-free card. The Naval reservist who has a painting of Nelson (it would have been Adolf if she was an army reservist) believes a uniform wipes away the evidence of criminality. Where the British army have routinely, purposely and extensively murdered civilians during the occupation of Northern Ireland there should be no crimes acknowledged. For any rape or torture of unvalued foreigners in a desert littered with depleted Uranium and birth defects there is to be no crime either. Against all UN and European Court verdicts on British crimes Mordaunt wishes to free the war criminals from worry to demonstrate democratic and civilised values for lesser nations to aspire to. Some other c :censored t called Mercer wants the same thing too. Where British state inquiries, inquests and reports have traditionally been used to delay, obfuscate, shield and lie (to get away with murder), Mordaunt wants to avoid the waste of money and the pretence by simply making all crimes disappear when the perpetrator signs up to commit them. Britain always said that God would never let the lights go out in the British Empire and this is true because God would never trust the British in the dark
« Last Edit: 08:14 - 19 May, 2019 by Readmarx »

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #125 on: 23:58 - 15 May, 2019 »
I’m a commuter get me outta here!

Radio 4 quoted the Daily Mail’s disdain for the show.... it’s not even worthy of a claim of irony but something way below contempt for honesty when The Daily Mail (or Trump et al) feeds their audience with deliberated double standards

The show has been axed.... One small step for a man (to get his P45) and one unlikely step forward, for mankind...

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #124 on: 14:11 - 15 May, 2019 »
CMC goes national?

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 102
« Reply #123 on: 08:33 - 15 May, 2019 »
“Look here!” Said the Richard Madeley lookalike, “we have a grotesque spectacle televised daily that has arguments and astonishing and sustained liars and cheats fawning for attention, power and prestige in a horrid display of contempt for each other and the viewing public. The difference is of course that we are paid very well, can claim expenses and get a taxpayer funded pension.

Like it  :)

Never been a fan of Jeremy Kyle, but must admit I've watched a few when off work with a sort of fascination as to why it exists at all.  My take is people with fairly shitty lives (at home all day of course) feel better about themselves because they aren't as bad as those on the show.

Also the lie detector gets me - they tout it as being 95% accurate and seeming like this makes it infallible, but what people miss is that for every 100 people questioned, 5 will get stitched up by it, which means it could be someones relationship down the pan for no reason, which is possibly what happened in this case.

Anyway, hopefully it will get pulled, but I'm sure they'll come up with some other mind numbing crap for the masses.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #122 on: 07:10 - 15 May, 2019 »
This week is “Looney Awareness” week and what better than a death to load up the bandwagon of self-righteousness? Mawkish, hostile, depraved, long running and lucrative ITV Jeremy Kyle show is suddenly facing a concerted series of comments and concern following the death of a victim guest. From the abyss of silence has come a chorus of pleas for the show (and hopefully Kyle himself) to be axed. At least for a week until the fuss dies down and money can again be made from televising the exploitation of the theckless. Tory MP Charles Ashley Rupert Walker (OCD contagion and sole MP to vote to accept an 11% pay rise in 2013 following expenses scandal) thinks the show should be shelved.... “Look here!” Said the Richard Madeley lookalike, “we have a grotesque spectacle televised daily that has arguments and astonishing and sustained liars and cheats fawning for attention, power and prestige in a horrid display of contempt for each other and the viewing public. The difference is of course that we are paid very well, can claim expenses and get a taxpayer funded pension. This government will continue with austerity and universal credit no matter how many deaths and whatever suffering we create”. Thereby proving the high handed always know what’s best for the pleb the show must go on.

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #121 on: 20:43 - 9 May, 2019 »
Yeah, he was a good man and a clear thinker...

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 102
« Reply #120 on: 20:42 - 9 May, 2019 »
John Smith snuffing it was very unfortunate, I really liked that guy and he seemed to be proper labour, not that stupid 'new labour's bo :censored locks they came out with.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
« Reply #119 on: 19:49 - 9 May, 2019 »
Nigel Hypocritical Bastard - I may have done that some time ago lol :)

Politics is really going down the shitter, I think Labour should resurrect John Smith, sadly died before his time and if he had been around maybe Bliar would would have just remained a right wing nobody in Labour, like Luke Akehurst or John Mann.
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
SV650S Blue
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.