• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: News of the Word  (Read 9523 times)

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
Re: News of the Word
« Reply #203 on: 14:11 - 21 September, 2019 »
PS typing on a pokey phone makes it hard to see spelling and grammatical errors, so you'll have to guess.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #202 on: 14:09 - 21 September, 2019 »
There is some legitimacy in the argument that parliament works under the remit of the people. Where parliament is obfuscating the will of the people, there may be a case for closing parliament.

No one can negotiate by explaining in public what taticsvthey are going to use, and how much they are prepared to give and take, which is essentially what parliament is demanding to know. You can understand why they would want to know, but it does rather destroy the negotiations.

So there is an argument to complete the negotiations, then call parliament back say what do you think. That may have been the thinking.

If MPs are failing to act the way the people have voted, then it's time for a referendum.

Now, if course, that's very simplistic, because the argument the MPs are using is that you common  people are fu  :censored ing' stupid and didn't know what you were voting for, we will save you.

As I maintain, I don't know what's best. (I actually don't think anyone else does either, which is why nothing is crystal clear and obvious). I was accused of being arrogant which I find interesting as I don't actually know enough to have a real opinion of value.

So is proroguing of parliament legitimate? I don't know. I can see the arguments from both sides, and if I were trying to negotiate, but had to explain my strategy to the party I was negotiating with, I would resist telling if I could...or fail.

What does piss me off is that many people do have clear view of where they sit and I'm a c :censored t if I don't agree with them.  How can I agree if I don't know enough??..and my suspicion is, they don't either.

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #201 on: 09:25 - 21 September, 2019 »

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
« Reply #200 on: 19:02 - 19 September, 2019 »
When?

Preposterous, pompous and privileged public schoolboy pr :censored ck - David "cry baby resigner" Cameron - has emerged from his self enforced hibernation from stupidity following his stupid and cowardly decision to split the country with the Tory party's own schism - Yerp. Popping out from his £25k (gig economy and zero hours contract) shepherds hut of upper middle class empathy to bring his slimy shit to the impoverished masses once again the pathetic tw@t is on a book tour. A book bought by W@nkerz [filtered] who read the Daily Mail and Telegraph. The ex prime minister emerged to savage Boris Johnson in the same way someone might be savaged by a slightly too tight woolen jumper. The boring shiny headed pr :censored ck attempted to pour scorn onto serial liar Johnson as though it would somehow suggest to people that Cameron was actually cool, OK, misunderstood or some such other rich boy fantasy. Today the silly c :censored t started on R4 talking in posh and "oh so polite" plummy terms of how he also lied to the queen and told her what to do over the Scottish referendum and by lunchtime had scuttled backwards at such a frenzied pace following the palaces "displeasure" (displeasure is not mentioned about Andrew's nasty sexual exploits of course) that he's disappeared back up his own ar5eh0le [filtered]. Proving that the phenomenal lack of judgement is a genetic hallmark of the bulbous headed fool.
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
« Reply #199 on: 13:44 - 19 September, 2019 »
I did.
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #198 on: 12:53 - 19 September, 2019 »
who said that

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #197 on: 10:32 - 19 September, 2019 »
Saudi Arabia and Israel seem to be able to do all sorts of shit and no-one seems to care, it's like a political blind spot in peoples' eyeballs.
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #196 on: 19:08 - 18 September, 2019 »
When a country murders civilians at will and in plain sight it is important to be a good citizen and attain genuine bafflement that your own government or its allies could do such a thing. We’re not talking about the murder of civilians in Northern Ireland by British soldiers because the mere suggestion arouses such righteous anger at the concept that facts cannot be understood and guilt rightly placed. So we’ll just have another inquiry or show trial. Instead it is today the turn of our favoured Middle Eastern ally to whom we sell billions of pounds worth of weaponry used to murder civilians because its very important that we have jobs for these people to go to. The makers of arms, not the murderers. Could get confusing this if you can’t think straight and you’re a regular Facebook user. Oh yes, Saudi Arabia... The place that our British princes (tree huggers not peados) dance and do good things. Yes, Saudi Arabia. Where women are beaten and others beheaded. Saudi Arabia had produced indisputable evidence that Iran attacked it’s oil refinery. Saudi Arabia failed to find evidence that it instructed the murder and butchery of a journalist in its own consulate building. Trump believes Saudi Arabia and the UK is baffled. Be a good citizen and think what you’re supposed to think.
« Last Edit: 19:48 - 18 September, 2019 by Readmarx »

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #195 on: 16:33 - 29 August, 2019 »

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #194 on: 16:24 - 29 August, 2019 »

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #192 on: 13:43 - 28 August, 2019 »
What goes 300mph and has 12 holes? Mountbattens deck shoes.
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #191 on: 13:27 - 28 August, 2019 »
He had dandruff apparently... they know because his Head & Shoulders was found on the beach.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #190 on: 12:25 - 28 August, 2019 »
Lord Mountbatten was one for that apparently. Kinda makes you a bit less sorry the IRA blew him up.
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #189 on: 14:16 - 24 August, 2019 »
Prince Andrew appears to have forgotten the numerous flights he’s taken with Epstein and... a 17yr old... And the foot massage by a young Russian... must all be an unfortunate coincidence with his innocent behaviour that the Royal household PR machine is working hard to debunk

Can’t hear anyone speaking up for the victims of this criminal behaviour