• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: Re: Coxylaads Road Bike Thread thing split off blog topic thingy  (Read 7375 times)

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
Re: Coxylaads Road Bike Thread thing split off blog topic thingy
« Reply #399 on: 17:07 - 7 May, 2019 »
What about not using a pressure washer on bike?    :teach

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #398 on: 16:07 - 7 May, 2019 »
nothing to do with the headlight, apart from the front its all still sealed at the back.

Its more to do with me using a pressure washer to clean the bike and blasting it back through the orifice at the back of the side fairing.
not ideal but I am fairly sure had that been the stock ecu it wouldnt have suffered. 

I might wrap the lot up in self amalgamating tape so its completely air tight. I know what you are saying though sometimes thats not the best plan as if it does leak theres no where for it to go.
___________________ __
Coxylaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa d!!!

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 103
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #397 on: 14:42 - 7 May, 2019 »
This is probably one of the problems you have from having the headlight area open to the elements.

It's a tricky one as make it too water tight and then sometimes it's worse as any water getting in can't get out either.

I personally like a good wrapping with SA tape to keep the worst out though.

An alternative might be to get some sort of plastic box to mount the ECU inside of and put drain holes in the bottom.

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #396 on: 14:31 - 7 May, 2019 »
snags.

So I washed the bike, yesterday, went to start it up, it ran for about 20 seconds, coughed, spluttered and cut out. then wouldnt start at all.

I spent all day mucking on trying to get it going again, before eventually refitting the stock ecu to which it fire up first time.

Long story short I managed to soak the new ecu at the connector block and it didnt like it. Dried it off and it all seems fine now.

Any advice on the best way to weatherproof connectors? Once dried out I sprayed it all liberally in white grease, but I am thinking I need to shield it somehow. I ride in scotland - it rains all the time there.
___________________ __

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #395 on: 22:40 - 5 May, 2019 »
bwahaha classic!
___________________ __

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
« Reply #394 on: 17:55 - 3 May, 2019 »
Gaz just text me to say he'll get on all fours on the grid to wedge the front wheel to keep the bike upright and he'll wear "big pants" to keep the tyre hot
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline celticbiker

• Hot Cross Bun
  • Like a post? 45
« Reply #393 on: 16:54 - 3 May, 2019 »
Gary standing next to me on the grid holding a brolly and wearing a pink bikini.
Good grief, it's my idea of heaven.
On another unrelated topic, I'm just gonna go take a shower.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #392 on: 15:28 - 3 May, 2019 »
Its all coming together. 

2 bike team, you can be the A rider CB, but given the regulations  I am afraid you are going to have to go on a diet of bog roll and water for few month to drop some timber.

I am thinking zipster as the number 2 rider, on account that he weighs about as much as my labrador and hes used to crashing things. 

Mattlock is the term pervert, Nog and ready can be crew chiefs, and anyone else I haven't mentioned can be cheer leaders.

Gary could be the brolly girl(guy), although I'm not sure how the team pervert would feel about that. He might have to start harrassing other teams, which could be a valid strategy
___________________ __

Offline celticbiker

• Hot Cross Bun
  • Like a post? 45
« Reply #391 on: 13:36 - 3 May, 2019 »
I'd be up for that but it'd need a 1200 cc motor in it to haul my fat ar5e [filtered] around with any alacrity.

Offline Matlock

• Scone
  • Like a post? 10
« Reply #390 on: 13:29 - 3 May, 2019 »
maybe I should start a moto2 team up - whos with me?!

Me! I'll make the tea and "look after" the brolly girls.

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #389 on: 11:02 - 3 May, 2019 »
CB farts hot seat foam melting farts when he rides

Good to have the ECU working well so soon and clean throttle response from properly adjusted cables, it makes it so much easier to ride and control. Mr Yamaha does tend to know how to set his geometry correctly. Have the forks been restrung or revalved if not serviced? I’d be off riding around Oban on it!

I rebuilt the forks last year, not sure on the spring rates but the forks have racetec gold valves in them. I've not adjusted anything, it seems to work really well out the box. The feedback and pressure thing is interesting but whilst it really helps on the road for getting a feel for the front end is doing, my TRX track has a super steep moto2 level steering head angle and that makes the bike super responsive and adjustable for lines and direction change. super fast steering, and yet no instability at all. maybe I should start a moto2 team up - whos with me?!
___________________ __

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #388 on: 09:05 - 3 May, 2019 »
ecu update. on the gas its truly incredible how well the bike feels. I'll put it on the rollers at some point mainly to check that its fuelling ok, more power would be a nice side effect but it really doesn't need it.

since setting the TPS range in the ecu I do however have a little bit of a stutter running a constant throttle between 2000 and 3500rpm (around 5% throttle, ie rolling along in the 30mph zoen or 40mpg zone. 

I also have a bit of popping on overrun which given I have no exhaust leaks as its now 1 piece, must be lean on the overrun.

I have gone into the map last night and increased the fueling a touch at the 5% to 10% throttle range to see what effect that has.

Ive also adjust the compensation map as I think it might have been on warm up enrichment a bit too long.

Finally, I have increased the cranking fueling as when I was using it yesterday it seemed a little bit harder to start when it was hot. I am used to half a turn and bang, not a 2 goes.

I do enjoy having the ability to tweak the ECU.

Ive even looked at any of the other functions on it yet. I have a quick shifter to wire in, and I need a set of wheel speed sensors so I can enable the track control, not that it really needs it, but if it saves my ass in a lot grip situation just once then its worthwhile.

Other features are MAP sensor input for forced induction application and N2O controller.
There is also a pit limiter, which are all completely useless but hey ho.

___________________ __

Offline celticbiker

• Hot Cross Bun
  • Like a post? 45
« Reply #387 on: 23:23 - 2 May, 2019 »
I made the seat myself. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.
I wanted a sharp down slope to take the stress off the lower back when out playing all day .
I've done something similar with the Fazer seat but I'm not fully happy with it but I have put a gel insert in it so that helps.

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
« Reply #386 on: 22:23 - 2 May, 2019 »
CB farts hot seat foam melting farts when he rides

Good to have the ECU working well so soon and clean throttle response from properly adjusted cables, it makes it so much easier to ride and control. Mr Yamaha does tend to know how to set his geometry correctly. Have the forks been restrung or revalved if not serviced? I’d be off riding around Oban on it!
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #385 on: 22:19 - 2 May, 2019 »
i meant to ask - whats the crack with the seat? is it lowered? does it have anything special in it?

i don't plan on changing it as its comfortable and i love the ergonomics of the bike, just interested.
___________________ __