• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: Re: Coxylaads Road Bike Thread thing split off blog topic thingy  (Read 7372 times)

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
Re: Re: Coxylaads MT-RX
« Reply #9 on: 11:02 - 1 October, 2018 »
:eatspopcorn

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: 10:24 - 1 October, 2018 »
Back.
Made an embarrassing maths error and as the clocks were on 96,000 miles and i only planned to do around 900 miles im not sure how I planned to hit 100k on the trip
Not sure what I was thinking there haha

The trip was brilliant. Since getting the bike off cb and doing a bit work on it I have hardly used it, less than 600 miles put on it in a year. I can honestly say that bike was built for blasting round scotland, the suspension is so compliant when the roads got rough it was massively confidence inspiring, and really comfortable. I think I need to sort out another power commander as the engine feels a touch rougher on small throttle openings, plus it will help with my forthcoming plans for the winter.

So impressed with the balance of the bike, I didn't realise it was possible to have a bike handle that well and still feel soft and compliant. 

We got utterly drenched on the Saturday which is standard for Scotland this time of the year but it didn't spoil my enjoyment. The bike was just as good in the wet.

So I have a few ideas to improve the bike.
1. Power commander, or ignijet ecu for full adjustability.
2. Headlights. They are dogshit compared to a modern bike.
With this in mind I may consider building myself a new front end altogether today more adventure spec - fibre gassing new panels etc. We will see.
3. Not sure about this one as I dont want to muck up a very nice handling bike - I have a set of r6 5 spoke wheels, I might fit the 17" front - has one on here done that? What was the results?
180 rear to go in, and maybe even an r6 rear swing arm.  All this is for looks as the bike handles well, but i have the wheels and an itch...
4. Oversized throttle bodies. I have some 42mm tbs from an f800 bmw. They might make the engine breath a bit better, combined with the big bore 2 into 2 trx exhaust that I am going to make fit. Again its not strictly required as at no point on the trip was I thinking I need more power, but I like the technology and I already have the parts in my garage to work with.   

I have to be careful here as the bike handles really well right now, but everything can be improved on... I think.
« Last Edit: 11:23 - 1 October, 2018 by CoxyLaad »
___________________ __
Coxylaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa d!!!

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #7 on: 10:03 - 29 September, 2018 »
Cake? Did someone mention cake?

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #6 on: 18:37 - 28 September, 2018 »
Mmmmm, cake.....

Got about 18k to go on Kylie before hit the 100,000.

Admittedly Gaz put about 99.9% of the miles on it so far though, so I've got some catching up to do, but she's in a bit of a retirement home now by comparison so not sure how long this will take.
go for two cakes... 100000km then do the miles.

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 103
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #5 on: 14:50 - 28 September, 2018 »
Mmmmm, cake.....

Got about 18k to go on Kylie before hit the 100,000.

Admittedly Gaz put about 99.9% of the miles on it so far though, so I've got some catching up to do, but she's in a bit of a retirement home now by comparison so not sure how long this will take.

Offline celticbiker

• Hot Cross Bun
  • Like a post? 45
« Reply #4 on: 13:15 - 28 September, 2018 »
Here you go

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline celticbiker

• Hot Cross Bun
  • Like a post? 45
« Reply #3 on: 13:11 - 28 September, 2018 »
Nope, it reads 100000.
Hold on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #2 on: 13:09 - 28 September, 2018 »
Good bike init.

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
Re: Coxylaads Road Bike Thread thing split off blog topic thingy
« Reply #1 on: 08:58 - 28 September, 2018 »
Split from here: http://dashack.co.uk/go/index.php/topic,10116.msg207080.html#msg207080

As of 12pm today I am heading off for a 3 day tour of Scotland on the mighty TDM.

At some point in the proceedings it will tick over 100,000 miles on the clock.  I am hoping the left most digit on the led screen is a knackered and it effectively resets itself to zero miles  :D
« Last Edit: 11:42 - 26 October, 2018 by Zippy »
___________________ __
Coxylaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa d!!!