• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: Re: Coxylaads Road Bike Thread thing split off blog topic thingy  (Read 10767 times)

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
Re: Coxylaads Road Bike Thread thing split off blog topic thingy
« Reply #414 on: 12:31 - 13 May, 2019 »
I was one of those triumph people who had that problem. I built a bike for my dad from a reframed cat B breaker, but some of the parts had already been sold off, including the pipework at the back of the airbox.

At low throttle openings and low engine speeds its more accurate to meter fuel out based on manifold air pressure, on the triumph it was an utter pig without it, no power at all, then it would lurch forward like a horse that had been smacked on the ar5e [filtered] with a shovel.

The pipes on the 3 cylinders had to be the same length also, quite important.

Anyways I have ordered my wide band lambda set up to do some tuning on the road.

when it goes it goes pretty hard. so much so that I think the clutch is now slipping occasionally under 100% throttle.
___________________ __
Coxylaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa d!!!

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
« Reply #413 on: 12:13 - 12 May, 2019 »
Lolz

On speed triples I've read dozens of posts with peeps freaked by similar symptoms usually sometime after doing something around the airbox where there's eight vital connections including the air pressure sensor, air temperature sensor and manifold pressure sensor.

As someone unsophisticated in this area having owned three injected bikes from three manufacturers with three variants of assorted sensors. In time I'll better understand how alien ECU's function on alien machines - presumably through software set to accept data from an array of available inputs. Given the control ECU works in MotoGP and you're doing something similar on your Yam I might have to soon start calling you Jeremy Burgess!
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline Vu Ja Dave

• I may have been here before..........
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 80
  • Best Owned: Raleigh Budgie
« Reply #412 on: 00:29 - 12 May, 2019 »
Did you try switching it off 'n' on again?

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #411 on: 23:59 - 11 May, 2019 »
i think I am going to invest in a wide band lambda setup to monitor the mixture.

was out again today, all was fine for the first hour or so, i was bimbling back through the villages to get home and the bike started misfiring on low throttle openings, then progressed to missing at bigger throttle openings.

when I got home I plugged the laptop in and had a look. I had disabled the inlet air pressure sensor as I forgot it had one. That is used for idling and very light throttle control.  I have re enabled it, and I am going to have a look to make sure its piped in properly. 

I hope thats what it is, I am pinning my hopes on the fact that the missing at bigger openings is because the plugs were getting fouled. 

The nagging doubt in my head is saying why didnt it do it all the time.  the only difference what that the air temperature dropped considerably when this started to happen.

I'll get there.

___________________ __

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #410 on: 00:24 - 11 May, 2019 »
Not having the slightest ability with an ECU I went to BDS, if I was doing it myself I’d go to JHS. My 850’s JE piston, flowed head, Stan Stephens (Ray Sringer) cams, TTS & PDQ rebuilds, Dynojet carbs, K&N, Dyna, Yoshi/Gibson blah, blah builds blew up 500miles after the slightest thing that didn’t work for another thing. Yams big twins were shite. Motors designed to trot along on carbs. OVER racing team in Japan couldn’t make them work. Injection for regulatory purposes was fine to a point. Keep it rich and under stressed IMHO!
« Last Edit: 00:35 - 11 May, 2019 by Readmarx »

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #409 on: 21:56 - 10 May, 2019 »
had the bike out for a blast tonight.

the bottom end is completely sorted, however the top end feels likes its a bit flat between 5000 and 6000rpm.  I think its a bit lean. I am going to add a bit of fuel in that rev range at 80% to 100% and see what effect it has.
« Last Edit: 23:47 - 11 May, 2019 by CoxyLaad »
___________________ __

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
Gary could be the brolly girl(guy), although I'm not sure how the team pervert would feel about that.
I withdraw my application forthwith.

How unfair!

Coxy, I'd stick it in the box with a hole in the bottom where the cables come in, small hole in each corner on the bottom, have a biccie an a cuppa. Water is a bitch, as long as you can keep most out. And a bit of vaseline on your contacts never hurts.
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #407 on: 20:26 - 9 May, 2019 »
I’d stick to that Coxy, extending the loom could be making more problems for the future.

Online Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 104
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #406 on: 13:55 - 9 May, 2019 »
Sounds like a plan.

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #405 on: 09:38 - 9 May, 2019 »
looks like gaz has been snubbed.

laste night I smeared vasaline liberally everywhere on the ecu connector block and wrapped it up in insulating tape. There isnt really any space for water to get in now. Should be ok i would have thought. I might still extend the loom to relocate the ecu completely out the way.
___________________ __

Offline Matlock

• Scone
  • Like a post? 10
« Reply #404 on: 12:27 - 8 May, 2019 »
Gary could be the brolly girl(guy), although I'm not sure how the team pervert would feel about that.
I withdraw my application forthwith.

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #403 on: 10:59 - 8 May, 2019 »
the current plan is to A) not pressure wash the bike anymore, in my defence I only did it as i was pressure washing the offroad bikes, and they get in such a state they have to be done. 

and b) smear vasaline everywhere adn tape it up. 

I was considering extending the loom and relocating the ecu to the back of the bike under the seat.
___________________ __

Online Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 104
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #402 on: 08:41 - 8 May, 2019 »
nothing to do with the headlight, apart from the front its all still sealed at the back.

Its more to do with me using a pressure washer to clean the bike and blasting it back through the orifice at the back of the side fairing.
not ideal but I am fairly sure had that been the stock ecu it wouldnt have suffered. 

I might wrap the lot up in self amalgamating tape so its completely air tight. I know what you are saying though sometimes thats not the best plan as if it does leak theres no where for it to go.

Fair enough, good that the headlight isn't an issue then - yeah maybe just go with SA tape then all around the junctions.  It's fairly resistant and easy enough to get off if you need to remove in the future.  Maybe some silicone grease in the joint before taping too, just in case any does get in as a second line of defence.

Offline Zippy

• Biscotti and Amaretto
  • CMC Moderator
  • Like a post? 85
    • about.me/zippyonline
« Reply #401 on: 06:51 - 8 May, 2019 »
Can you retrofit your aftermarket ecu into the stock ecu case and use it's more weatherproof design?
CMC Bicycle Liason Officer - my photo a day thread
about.me/zippyonline

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #400 on: 18:31 - 7 May, 2019 »
Tricky...  My old XTZ would happily short it’s coil because of the design of post and connectors were too close. Years of differing green and tape combos gave way to a simple wrapping in bubble wrap and cable ties to make the water path next to impossible