• Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 2393 times)

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
Re: Brexit
« Reply #99 on: 19:57 - 13 August, 2019 »
In what way is no deal Brexit bypassing democracy?

Peeps say out by democratic vote

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
« Reply #98 on: 18:58 - 13 August, 2019 »
And a government conspiring to bypass democracy to assert a solution supported outright by a violent minority will be held accountable by who?
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
« Reply #97 on: 15:38 - 13 August, 2019 »
Labours policy has always been the same, a no-deal means democracy has to have a say otherwise MP's have the say.
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #96 on: 22:46 - 12 August, 2019 »
Tories voting to unseat their own party and Labour MP’s pro-Brexit (as was Jezza before he was firmly wasn’t, was, was not, is and isn’t). An interim coalition to seek an extension to negotiate a deal would be sensible - crashing out is criminal and is a failure and in the words of the shrill and hysterical hard right, treasonous.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #95 on: 11:31 - 12 August, 2019 »
I think Labour has every opportunity to form a government, project fear + No Deal has scared everyone to death and they'll go for anything that's half decent, democratically possible and constitutional. Let's look at the facts, no deal Brexit is on the cards, we're already seeing Johnson's reign as installed PM failing and as it does so he gets more right wing policies in as he sees his support decline and we cannot forget he has a majority of one in the HoC, if DUP don't get their way its a GE, if he upsets more Tory MP's, it's a GE, there's not much option for no GE to be honest.

Last point, it is entirely constitutional for the Opposition to form a government (for however long) if they have a confidence and supply model that holds a majority in parliament.
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #94 on: 06:45 - 10 August, 2019 »
My opinion is....  :stars

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #93 on: 21:15 - 9 August, 2019 »
Absolutely, which makes it feel so exciting and bizarre in equal measure. It is such a resolutely odd status. I did nearly piss myself at Labours suggestion they could form a government following a vote of no confidence.

Offline Vu Ja Dave

• I may have been here before..........
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 80
  • Best Owned: Raleigh Budgie
« Reply #92 on: 00:50 - 9 August, 2019 »
Project fear told us (the people) how jolly awful it would be to cut ties with the europeans, yet that is what II and a few others voted for. Short (?) term pain for long term gain?
Fact is nobody knows how good or bad it will be for the average man. Pure speculation on all sides.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #91 on: 21:28 - 8 August, 2019 »
The terms on staying or leaving were never stated - only the negative repurcussions of choosing either

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #90 on: 13:40 - 8 August, 2019 »
  :bs

A decent deal would be having access to all European markets and a say in policy and regulation...that's like, shall we call it, for the sake of argument "full membership". 

In the interests of democracy, the great British Peeps have voted for a less than good deal....because a good deal, by definition is full membership. So they have voted for a less than good deal, then really the govmint should make it as shit as possible, because this is in fact, in the interests of democracy and all that, what we should have. So if a bad deal is what the peeps want, TBH I think the Tory's are ideally placed to give us that.

...or did the great British Peeps vote to leave. You know leave. Not not-in not-out.  more like out-out...

So what did they actually vote for? Might have been for out-out  :dontknow: ...if it was that: then the Tory's could deliver that too. That would be the best of both worlds. QED

PS Does anyone actually definitively know what was voted for?  I don't.  :dontknow:   ...so if not... how can you say the Tory's won't deliver?  In fact they're the democratically elected government that are there to represent our best interests, so by definition what they come up with is the solution and what the people want.  So they must be right.  It's how democracy works  :whistle
« Last Edit: 22:18 - 8 August, 2019 by E.T. »

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #89 on: 11:04 - 8 August, 2019 »
As I see it, like Corbyn or not (I do) is you have the fascist right of PM Johnson who said he will squat in number 10 (I think he's already done that and the cat is not happy) if he can't form a government, a Corbyn led opposition of Lab/SNP/LieDem's + CUKkers and Indy's or a GE.

Now I don't think it will be a GE (I was wrong on PM Johnson but he'll be gone by Christmas) because the established ingrates know Brexit Party is going to eat up Tory votes, and Labour to a lesser degree, LieDems will also take a lot of Remain voters from either side so the only chance Tories have is a LieDem/Tory coalition, we've been there before and we all know what happened there, but it's a very real possibility.

For my money, Labour and Corbyn are the only ones that will both get a good exit deal but also start to rebuild Britain for the majority.
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #88 on: 21:41 - 6 August, 2019 »
The success of the nation lies squarely in the hands of the Tory hard right - there is no better Brexit than they will deliver

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #87 on: 07:49 - 6 August, 2019 »
People often wonder who made Boris...

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #86 on: 21:33 - 5 August, 2019 »
I’d hate Corbyn in a different way

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #85 on: 22:19 - 4 August, 2019 »
Marginally cynical, I'd say... You think Corbyn would be better?