• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 3556 times)

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
Re: Brexit
« Reply #187 on: 16:53 - 12 September, 2019 »
What's he done now apart from lie to us, lie to Her Maj, lie to everyone? Has he instilled martial law yet? Off'ed Hammond on College Green? Bummed a Lord with his ceremonial mace? Crucified Saint Jeremy of Islington?
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #186 on: 18:16 - 11 September, 2019 »
Blimey.

Boris has been a very naughty boy.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #185 on: 09:54 - 5 September, 2019 »
Bog Rolls .........stock up them in case of a hard brexit

If it's a hard exit just chip it off and save on the bog paper.

Would I change my vote from leave to remain now? In a heartbeat, I was always sceptical of why folks like Moggy and Faridge wanted a Brexit and I've worked out why, they're going earn millions if not billions from those either needing services or trading with benefits. Today on Radio 4 I heard from a mate of Pense who confirmed that and confirmed why Trump is also for a big fat orange no deal brexit.

I still dislike lots about the EU, I still think it is becoming a big old Russia, I still think EU becoming more representative is impossible and I don't think it will ever change, look at Gilet Jaunes in France. So I don't want either unless it's a good old Labour Brexit.
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #184 on: 06:25 - 5 September, 2019 »
I’d still vote remain and vote for a government that advocates much harder for change in the UK’s relationship with Europe. I don’t need another referendum, the vote to leave has happened. To leave without a deal is unacceptable to me as one of the 48% because it means everything I believe could be better in our relationship with other European nations is disregarded
Same here. I voted Liberal in the last Welsh Assembly election.
I’ve got a really sexy, err I mean efficient Labour MP who I’d still vote for in a GE, despite Corbyn.

Oh how I wish that Ed Milliband hadn’t eaten that bacon sandwich and used a giant headstone for a poster...

Offline Sidestand

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 57
  • The Older I Get , The Better I Was
« Reply #183 on: 22:09 - 4 September, 2019 »
I originally voted leave, but based on the facts as I know them now, it would be remain next time

And although I still couldn't bring myself to vote Labour, I certainly couldn't vote for the Conservative Party in it's current state
And I'd rather pull all my own teeth out than vote for Hypocritical Bastard
I'm quietly hoping that Boles stands as an independant candidate ..........that is when Corbyn actually lets Boris call an election  :ohyeah

I hope Boris goes back to No.10 tonight & kicks the living shit out of that c :censored t Cummings  :hitler :hitler

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #182 on: 21:51 - 4 September, 2019 »
Has anyone changed their choice of the referendum were run again now?

Hmmm, now this is a tricky one for me.  Bit of a head and heart decision.

I still want us to leave, that hasn't changed, however, do I trust these idiot's anymore to carry that out after all that's happened?

I probably couldn't answer that one till a second referendum happens.
:stupid

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
« Reply #181 on: 21:37 - 4 September, 2019 »
I’d still vote remain and vote for a government that advocates much harder for change in the UK’s relationship with Europe. I don’t need another referendum, the vote to leave has happened. To leave without a deal is unacceptable to me as one of the 48% because it means everything I believe could be better in our relationship with other European nations is disregarded
Mother Nature rides a biker

Online Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 104
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #180 on: 21:18 - 4 September, 2019 »
Has anyone changed their choice of the referendum were run again now?

Hmmm, now this is a tricky one for me.  Bit of a head and heart decision.

I still want us to leave, that hasn't changed, however, do I trust these idiot's anymore to carry that out after all that's happened?

I probably couldn't answer that one till a second referendum happens.

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
« Reply #179 on: 20:50 - 4 September, 2019 »
Johnson has claimed that Parliament has scuppered a deal where he has not been negotiating a deal. As his lies are found out he gambled on an election and 52% believing him... I am struggling to vote Labour and may have to vote Liberal though I must check how Letwin voted first (he’ll be gone if he voted against government). Has anyone changed their choice of the referendum were run again now?
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline ChrisG

• Banana Cake
  • Like a post? 93
« Reply #178 on: 18:48 - 4 September, 2019 »
Don't forget your IDP, green card and make sure you've got 6 months left on your passport so you can reach your other bolt hole Mick.

I need to post my Dutch Driving Licence application off tomorrow...then I'll need to get an International Driving permit to drive in the UK  :wall

Offline Sidestand

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 57
  • The Older I Get , The Better I Was
« Reply #177 on: 18:10 - 4 September, 2019 »
Bog Rolls .........stock up them in case of a hard brexit

Got a spare bedroom at chateau sidestand slowly filling up with 'essentials' ready for warn Boris fu :censored ks us all over - looks like we may have another 3 months worth of hoarding to go care of the sane but ex-tory moderates  :thumb

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #176 on: 15:31 - 4 September, 2019 »
the rich getting richer and the poor poorer.
Yup.

If we leave that’ll be our future. Part of the reason for JRM, Boris et-al want to leave is to avoid the fiscal transparency rules that the EU are bringing in.
As with most things in life, if you want to know the truth just follow the money.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #175 on: 15:16 - 4 September, 2019 »
Punch above our weight, by GDP we're 9th... (IMF 2019), just behind Brazil.

Bike showroom thing doesn't work, it's a two way thing, not a purchase situation, it's trading situation and we've all currently agreed to deal with no tariffs. WTO (no-deal) means we would have to at least look at tariffs, even with America, for if we didn't that we'd all be eating dirt cheap badly looked after chicken they'd have to bleach before we could eat it... Oh wait...

And then when the Scots go their own way we'll have to knock the oil revenues off of our GDP.

...And we have to accept the fact that if Javid gets his own way we'll be back in hock and yet ten years behind the development we would have had, had we not embarked on the austerity that led to the rich getting richer and the poor poorer.

What a time to be alive.

Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305

Offline ChrisG

• Banana Cake
  • Like a post? 93
« Reply #174 on: 09:32 - 4 September, 2019 »
I'd assumed the 5th to 7th thing was down to a couple of years of uncertainty but you could be right it's different metrics. 

I agree we punch above our weight, but that's in our current situation.  Leaving the EU, especially without a deal, will be a huge change to our situation so who knows where the future lies.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #173 on: 09:07 - 4 September, 2019 »
We're the 7th biggest economy with the help of a lot of decent trade deals we have at the moment.  Who knows what we'll be without those trade deals.

I agree that delay after delay after delay isn't helping though.  Uncertainty is doing a lot of damage to businesses.
we're big. 5th 7th depends on the index used. But we do still punch above our Weight.

A lot of our economy is based on money laundering and illegal trade. But no one actually wants to admit that do they...

The stats are manipulated to make them read whatever they want them to, the thing is too that recession and shrinking economy is a global phenomenon now. The US China tradevwar isn't going much for us either. 10 year recession cycles are common, so I expect one shortly independently of all this other crap.  sure it won't help and will probably make it deeper. But it it's been expected, and it will be global.