• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: ET's Dullsville  (Read 554 times)

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
Re: ET's Dullsville
« Reply #46 on: 21:15 - 15 August, 2019 »
A thinking man's V. i. a. g. r. a  :afro

403 VORBOTTEN DAS ERROR 403 VORBOTTEN DAS ERROR 403 VORBOTTEN DAS ERROR 403 VORBOTTEN DAS ERROR

Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline Zippy

• Biscotti and Amaretto
  • CMC Moderator
  • Like a post? 85
    • about.me/zippyonline
« Reply #45 on: 15:22 - 15 August, 2019 »
because the mass of a car is much greater it masks that uptake in drive and smooths it all out.

That and dual mass flywheels and lots of other clever NVH things like fluid filled mounts etc.. ZF have got adaptive engine mounts now i.e. they stiffen up when you're going for it power wise and go all wobbly when you want comfort.
CMC Bicycle Liason Officer - my photo a day thread
about.me/zippyonline

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: 15:06 - 15 August, 2019 »
spot on. Its an emmisions thing.

They have been doing it with cars for years, however because the mass of a car is much greater it masks that uptake in drive and smooths it all out.
Because bikes are relatively much less massive, then they feel the shunt effect a lot more.

I had a good look at my mt09 remap, and closed throttle low rpm is an area where they add a lot a fuel.

Interestingly closed throttle with high rpm is not so bad as the engine is sucking harder with the higher rpm, and therefore it takes a lot less time to swallow the air in the throttle body that has no fuel in it, thus reducing the effect.
___________________ __
Coxylaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa d!!!

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 104
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #43 on: 13:50 - 15 August, 2019 »
Yeah that's apparently why the Tracer (and previous Yamaha bikes like the TDM) have jerky on/off throttles, because the completely shut the injectors and run lean in the closed loop rev range for emissions.  Apparently the re-mapping sorts that all out which I'm still looking into. 

Nice that they are so easily modified over carbs, but it's a pain that modern tech needs to have this money spent on them to get a decent running machine, where carbs just worked 'out of the box'.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #42 on: 13:46 - 15 August, 2019 »
Yah. That's all I could find. But tdm was jerky at low revs, KTM was, Tracey was(improved after I balanced the throttles).

It's all to do with emmissions in it...doesn't matter that it makes the bike horrible..and potentially a bit dangerous.

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 104
« Reply #41 on: 11:46 - 15 August, 2019 »
Not sure if it was a remap now TBH - but some ignition module ... Finebau Ignition module (anyone know anything about this?)

Never heard of it before, but a quick google and a few forums seem to complain of erratic ignition timing, and this module appears to be a solution.  I guess it wouldn't be an Italian bike if you didn't have to bodge the electrics somehow.

They also say there's a module that sits in between the O2 sensor to get around the closed loop low rev range, which usually runs lean in most modern bikes due to emissions.  Could be that one.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #40 on: 11:29 - 15 August, 2019 »
I can see why rhe bike would have the shocks, forks, Zoraida and remap done. No attempt at a big transformation but if all done with care will make handling smoother on road and throttle response crisper improving manners all round

Zoraida?

Not sure if it was a remap now TBH - but some ignition module ... Finebau Ignition module (anyone know anything about this?)

If it checks out, I'll probably get this one - there is a newer yellow V2 version (2016) one available too, with ABS and stuff - for similar price, but not sure it makes too much difference. Decisions decisions!

Offline Vu Ja Dave

• I may have been here before..........
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 80
  • Best Owned: Raleigh Budgie
« Reply #39 on: 01:06 - 15 August, 2019 »
Can you get a red one with drum brakes?

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #38 on: 21:16 - 14 August, 2019 »
I can see why rhe bike would have the shocks, forks, Zoraida and remap done. No attempt at a big transformation but if all done with care will make handling smoother on road and throttle response crisper improving manners all round

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 104
« Reply #37 on: 12:33 - 14 August, 2019 »
Looks nice from the picture, hope it works out, I reckon that will be a nice choice of bike.

See how the small claims works.  The dealers need to get the message that messing people about can end up like this, then maybe they'll think twice about it in future - probably not but it all helps you feel better.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #36 on: 12:29 - 14 August, 2019 »
Well I'm off to Lincoln on Saturday to look at this one.

In other news: I've just completed small claims court action against the Dullsville dealer. They're insisting that I could have waited (in their words: we don't know when we get a shock) and I had requested the MoT so its my fault.

FFS.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #35 on: 19:33 - 13 August, 2019 »
Keep the shocks. Take a view on the zorst, but it's been remapped too.

And it has black n silver 60s style numberplate which I'll probably change back to the original...I can't see it from where I sit, but the bill can

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #34 on: 19:02 - 13 August, 2019 »
I think I pay about £150

Interesting that someone has kept the OE shocks and zorsts after replacing them with aftermarket kit. If you get it will you convert it back to standard road trim from its current race set up?

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #33 on: 18:54 - 13 August, 2019 »
Just checked insurance out.

5999 miles fully comp
Business use, pillion, £150 excess

£90.10

£130 with breakdown cover, legal aid.

Can't complain.

That one I'm looking at has hagon shocks and changed form springs, after market exhausts rack and panniers and the original zaust and shocks thrown in, oh and baglux thing :puke

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #32 on: 18:48 - 13 August, 2019 »
Get a Honda branded cover for the Guzzi, she'll never know..

You're right about the Monster values, I was looking at S4R's before the Strumpet and was finding silly dealer prices and private bikes with little uncertain service records. So I went for a very clean low mileage and cheaper Triumph with a missing service history and spent the difference (and some extra) on sorting it out to a well serviced standard bike. The last bit is really just me finding an excuse to meddle with the machine as I've always found I find reasons to ride and retain the desire to do so when I'm also thinking about some job that has to be done