• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: Readie's Blog - or didn't we have a luv-er-ly day, the day we went to the races!  (Read 327950 times)

Online AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
Have fun!

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
Yup! All packed and in my sack (bed). Going to ride a faster route down to catch end of practice. An early night and start for Saturday race day and determined to be up before dawn to watch the race emerge from the darkness. Le Man has very good trackside viewing in some sections very close like Assen to the track. Nyom nyom nyom
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 102
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
Quite fancy doing this one year.  Did the car Le Mans and was good fun, like you say you nod off with the constant sound of racing and think nothing of wandering out to watch racing at silly-o-clock in the morning.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
Thing I look forward to most is the atmosphere- the French really enjoy themselves and make a big party. The racing becomes a soundtrack. Watching the bikes at dusk and dawn is awesome and looks st for good weather.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
Tyre pressures, lubing the chain, writing a list of things to pack and a full battery charge and all’s set to get to Le Mans for 24hrs de Moto. Friends came down last night and we all got hammered. Pulled the armchair in front of my computer to sit in (hungover) comfort to watch warm up and the GP’s - absolutely great result for Rins and Suzuki. Somehow managed to finished the ale I had left over from last night.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
Lol

I watched Aragon last night. Rae was more contrite and better mannered in his post race interview but indicated “we” need to close the gap on Alvaro. AB has just matched Neil Hodgesons 9 win on a row record from 2003. Rae’s style is to barge in and take lines aggressively. I’ve no issue with that if it’s safe which in fairness to him he generally is but it’s a risky strategy to constantly repeat as it will go wrong at some point. Losing downforce is what put Bagnaia out of Quatar - the bike just pulled strongly to one side - all 165kg, 250hp and 200mph of it.... WSB have now stepped in to adjust RPM for all manufacturers after 3rd race which won’t show itself at Assen. It’ll be interesting to see how Alvaro gets on as I suspect Rae will be looking for “close quarter” combat with AB on such a technical track. I think he thinks he can “psyche him out” by getting up close. I think Alvaro doesn’t have the appetite or temperament to fight so will either f  :censored ck off and win or sit tight and take a podium.

Offline CoxyLaad

• Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
so, hating on rea a bit more.

lights go out, and rea side swipes reiteberger in his death or glory bid to get from p10 to p1 by turn 1. the commentators blame reiteberger?! wtf?? !
rea was coming from behind, reiteberger hardly changed his line.  madness how biased they are towards him.

at the end of the race they interview laverty and he says rea clattered into him and smashed one of his wings in the first corner and he had major instability problems when following bikes from then on. That raises a few questions about those wings, but its another example of rea's bellendishness.

maybe I am a bit biased the other way now as I think hes a bit of a tosspot, but he wants punting off the track for some of the stuff he seemingly gets away with scott free.

nob jockey
« Last Edit: 21:31 - 6 April, 2019 by CoxyLaad »
___________________ __
Coxylaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa d!!!

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
Agree with your thinking there, Coxy - Rea's "Hereeeeeeeeeeee's JOHNNY!!!!" overtaking is very much his old MX background

Bautista is showing the massive outright speed he showed when he was given a GP18 last year at Philip Island when Lorenzo was injured and he led the race... Last time I saw that was Troy Bayliss when he was given a proper Ducati and he went out and pissed off and won the GP when the rest of the world was focused on Rossi losing to Hayden (RIP fella).

Bautista is like, er, the fastest, er, motherfucker, since Rea? I think Rea and Kawasaki should get closer back in the European rounds. But from an armchair perspective.... "the king is dead long live the king".... If someone kicks your ar5e [filtered] out there then get fast and get beating them or do your best and congratulate the better rider/team if you can't...

Don't make yourself look like a big baby!

In other news. Had a good ride to see a client. pissing rain. I do not like square tyres in the wet, they just track and follow any deviation in the road. Grip still very good with the 01's. Headlight on the Strumpet is good for nightime work in the wet too. It is a "keeper" for sure.

Offline CoxyLaad

• Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
its really good, they do a bit on the racing, then they actually talk about bikes like normal people would, mixed in with a lot of piss taking.
___________________ __

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 102
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
I listen to podcast called Front End Chatter

That's a great name  :thumb

Will have a look for that.

Offline CoxyLaad

• Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
I lost a lot of respect for him the last couple of years. Hes starting to believe his own hype, and some of the over takes he has put in in an effort to get to the front within 3 corners make early marco melandry overtakes look kind and courteous. he just rams his way through knocking the overtakee out the way. I know its not kissball but there has to be some respect there. I pissed myself laughing when he did it to sykes (also not a favourite of mine) and sykes hung him out to dry causing Rea to crash last session.  He took that really well didnt he haha.

Some of the comments he come out with after round 1 this year are absolutely shocking.  'the race was boring, who wants to watch one bike dissappear into the distance' WTF?!  like you did the last 4 years!

'the ducati is a limited run homologation special, the rest are just standard bikes you can buy in a shop' err wrong. the ZX10RR is a limited run of 500 bikes with a completely difference cylinder head and higher redline, plus other stuff, specifically produced to aid the WSBK team with the rev limits imposed. Honda have the SP2, and to a lesser extent yamaha have the R1M. BMW are creating the S1000RR-M now.

'his bike is way faster' 1.6mph max speed difference between the 3 races at philip island

'theres no replacement for horse power'  - wrong. fastest lap at philip island - Johnny rea.  2nd fastest - Leon Haslam. 

'I've never had the fastest bike'  - err. not sure I should even answer this. that kawasaki has been driving past everything in a straight line for years. I think the old aprilia could match it on the straights, thats it.

I listen to podcast called Front End Chatter, its really good (and where most of the above comes from) they were proper ripping it out of him.
___________________ __

Offline celticbiker

• Hash Cake
  • Like a post? 45
Yeh, said to the Mrs I wondered if he'd be as bright and chirpy when he's losing.
Believe me, it's a bitter pill but to learn how to to be humble.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline CoxyLaad

• Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 31
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
WSBK at Aragon this weekend.

Whats alvaro going to be like on that enormous straight.

I cant wait to see Johnny Rea burst into tears again claiming its not fair, and its boring, and the rules are wrong because he no longer has the best bike on the grid. I am starting to dislike the guy.
___________________ __

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
The missus and the small one are away this weekend and I have two new clients to see so will be out on the bike. I’ll give it a good clean when I’m done as it’ll sit on the shed until Le Mans in two weeks time.