• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: Readie's Blog - or didn't we have a luv-er-ly day, the day we went to the races!  (Read 427194 times)

Offline celticbiker

• Jam Tart
  • Like a post? 46
Just got all new kit went for top of the line Oxford kit on a recommendation. Seems good so far but will find out this week for sure,  rev it stratos gloves and alpinestar boots, the lot for just under 700 sovs.
If you have long legs be sure to check the trousers with whatever boots you buy. The trousers also have a very large ankle opening to allow for moto cross boots.  I've added more velcro so I can tighten them up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
I think I vaguely remember that, thankfully we’re different sizes though. I need to do my homework this time but I just don’t trust magazine reviews and am sceptical of buyer reviews online. I think I may look to keep the AStars suit I have for March to October and get something more substantial for Nov to Feb
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
I've got a banana suit you can buy.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
I’ve been reading “gloves innit” with interest. There’s a link to a good supplier it there that I’ve not heard of. I’m looking at waterproof gloves. The thing I really need is waterproof one or two piece to go over leathers. My Alpine Stars suit just isn’t waterproof it’s heavy showerproof. An hour later in prolonged rain and The water starts getting it

Anyway. Watched warm up snd M3 & MGP. Amazing technology and riders and teams. Love it. Got out the Strumpet handbook which is all about fiddling with the dash and the rest is about you taking it to a dealer if you want an answer. I set the LED change lights up at the redline as they were too low down the rev range and annoying. Adjusted the chain and considered writing to Triumph to suggest how they could design the chain adjustment better.... Adjusted the front and rear rebound and compression settings and went for a 150 mile ride along various road types and surfaces, adhesion and moisture and urban filtering. I am impressed with the change in the feel of the suspension as it’s as soft as I want it to be. It’s only a small range of adjustment but so far so good. Given it was on standard settings for a year to give me a baseline to get to know the bike and I found that too “choppy” I cam’t imagine what the handbook “firmer” settings would be like. An abuser of anyone's Johnny Giles I reckon

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
I went glove hunting but all the Halvarsson stockists shown on the website didn't have any, managed a decent spin and I had packed my overtrousers so I was pretty dry :)
did you try hideout leather. Up the road from finchingfield if you want an excuse to ride out

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
Wah wah wah.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
I went glove hunting but all the Halvarsson stockists shown on the website didn't have any, managed a decent spin and I had packed my overtrousers so I was pretty dry :)
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
Popped over to visit my Dad. A trifle moist on my return. Note to self: carry waterproofs when rain is forecast...and don't wear denim jeans.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
He may well have gone skating ;)
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
Timed it right for once. Been working non-stop for 3 weeks (26 days) and have this weekend off. Popped up to see my parents Saturday in glorious autumnal weather. They’re only 40 mins away but took 2 hours to get there and over 3 hours home.
Today it’s pissing down so off to support Dylan playing a very muddy game of rugby.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
Crap weather today in Essex, time for electronics and chores :(
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
Another lovely weather day today so we did a family day (managed to squeeze it FP3) and cleaned the bike yesterday. Tomorrow the weather’s shite so it’s MotoGP first then setting suspension to softer “winter” settings and out for a few hours wet weather riding and back for Moto2 on “catch-up”

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
Went for a ride yesterday afternoon along with every other ba :censored rd  in their car. The twisties were generally clear so that was nice. A clean, tyre pressures, chain lube & tension beckons... that’s all a bike in spec needs!

Spent the morning watching The GP’s. My money was on Canet and his bike failed. My money was on Fernandez and I think he’ll have a 3 place penalty next race. My money was on Quatararo and he was robbed by the biggest loser of last lap duels Marc Marquez only because Fabio has no racecraft. Yet...

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
Briefly, it was a speed dating night

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
you weren't sat next to each other were you?
___________________ __
Coxylaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa d!!!