• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: Readie's Blog - or didn't we have a luv-er-ly day, the day we went to the races!  (Read 383349 times)

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 103
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
Fpmsl, you can tell we don't get any women on this forum anymore  :wink

Online AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
Women do that. You’re having a ‘normal’ disagreement about something current and trivial when she drops in something awful that you did 15 years ago...
I’ve decided that all women are irrational and shouldn’t be allowed to go out alone or tax their tiny little brains with work, finances, driving etc.

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
My selfish MOT had a further dimension to add to her ire. Earlier in the week we had a household discussion about finances. It was one of those discussions that got a bit heated because I was being hectored to explain a transaction from the joint account and knew I’d already explained it and done the transaction correctly and put it all in an email to say so. And she chose the moment I was in the middle of something to start hectoring. I didn’t respond politely (a bit over dramatic and Basil Fawlty). And I was right and proved the hectoring was unfair. And then there was the bathroom light incident a day or so later where she ordered a light fitting after being told the type to order and after ordering the correct light she got uncertain she had and emailed the electrician who got confused also. So we sorted that out. So my MOT was presented as a bit of “you’ve done this last minute MOT because I pissed you off about the money and the light”. I hadn’t. And even though I hadn’t I felt some sort of survivors guilt and imagined I had and understood how unfair I’d been for acting like this in such a churlish and retaliatory way. I am innocent!!!!!!
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
S'alright I just go out to the shed and cuddle Sophia.

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 103
Lol, yeah they make you stew don't they, and if you ask what's wrong you get the 'I'm fine', which means "I'm not telling you, but you're going to get it in the near future"  :wife

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
By the way it took me until sunday evening to discover this information
___________________ __
Coxylaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa d!!!

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
That's weird, I got my tdm mot'd on Saturday too, and I too was in the dog house, for reasons at the time unknown, but being out for what ended up being 3 hours, which normally wouldn't bother Emma, she seemed have her a bit snarky.

As it turns out we went to the diner on friday and apparently I made a holier than thou comment about her getting a plate of chips with her salad, and then after I scarfed my hot dog and chips I then ate her chips (I thought they were communal).

There's a moral to this story folks. I'm not sure what it is but there must be one somewhere
« Last Edit: 09:49 - 15 October, 2019 by CoxyLaad »
___________________ __

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
I shall post a picture for CL soon

MOT Saturday. And though it is unspoken and unheard in this house I know I am in the dog house having not sought permission for doing it this Saturday (MOT man is going shooting on the day we had agreed). So I don’t yet know if it will be whining or whinging about this minor change to the days plan (family trip to see friends meaning I will be along three hours later than planned) but I will enjoy the ride (forecast is pants) and getting a bit of paper for another year

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
When I was dispatching all week I would still be riding at weekends but I was in my early 20’s and when I was later doing a 400mile weekly commute I would be doing trackdays and long rides at weekends (10 years ago before a family). I’ve become quite surgical about planning rides to get the most out of them and a good part of it is that sense of oneness with the bike (a cliche) but moreover a sense of self reliance (though its difficult to find yourself in difficulty with a mobile phone, card and breakdown cover...) but the sense of self reliance extends into providing satisfaction for yourself by being unencumbered in how you ride which produces enjoyment e.g. getting that corner right, overtaking smoothly, not showing off or behaving like a tw@t, showing off and behaving like a tw@t. They’re things you could do with others but as Nog says the nature of riding is in itself lonely because it’s just you and the machine and it’s the nature of that relationship I like to exploit for my riding pleasure (did I read that on a condom wrapper once...?).

Offline celticbiker

• Hot Cross Bun
  • Like a post? 46
My riding consists of mainly commuting. 500 miles per week of that really tops off the tank as it were so I don't often ride much on the weekend. Probably would if I had any mates but those I do have always cancel if it rains anyway, so snowjoke is more about being social than riding for me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 103
I think it's generally a character of bikers, because that's why they like bikes in the first place.

Even in a group, you're riding in your own little world with no-one nattering to you and just getting on with it.

I've always preferred solo riding and SJ is the only bit of group riding I've really done, as Readie say's it's more a social thing anyway.

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
that was inconsiderate of him
___________________ __

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
I'm just a plain antisocial git. I spend all day having to be nice to people. I can just lose myself on the bike.

Not to say I never ride with others, but since my mate smashed himself up, I've not really found another riding friend.

Offline CoxyLaad

• testing
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Like a post? 31
  • hello?
    • www.peterleefire.co.uk
Fire some pics of the beast up, been a while since you posted any, and I like looking at pictures.

Solo riding is new for me, and I am I liking it. I have always rode with 1 or more people and I never really noticed it but you are correct I spend a lot of time catering for other riders requirements.  It's nice to just do what you want to
___________________ __