• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: Readie's Blog - or didn't we have a luv-er-ly day, the day we went to the races!  (Read 402919 times)

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
You may have read Pragmasis security tips on how to vary combinations to make it harder for thieves and also to better secure the bike - like through the frame as you say. The new DLock will go around the Suzuki's frame and is too short for a bottle jack so has to be cut/grinder. The chain will be short enough so no links can be sledgehammered on the ground. Both bikes are pushed tight to each other making access a f :censored cker for a thief.  All in minimum two 5 minute grind attacks and that's after smashing fence/gate locks and tight stepped access. Possible for professionals I'd guess to have one or both in 15-20 minutes of graft
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 103
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
It's expensive but worth the investment.

Ages ago I bought the 16mm Almax chain with Squire Stronghold padlock to work with my ground anchor.  The whole lot is a beast and while an angle grinder will get through anything with time, it would certainly take some noisy work to get it free.

I always try and go through the frame too if I can, but it can be tricky, so I'm looking at their D-locks actually as they look good and could work alongside through the frame and chain.  Also D-locks are nice and light for taking with you instead of a crappy disc lock.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
Went to Pragmasis for more of their unbeatable Sold Secure Gold security; DLock, ground anchor, 16mm chain. Will insure the Suzuki this evening. Triumph to tax tonight too. Broke before Xmas!

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
No don’t. No need. Not again. Not here

Offline celticbiker

• Barm Cake
  • Like a post? 46
Don't make me do it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
I blame the squirrels

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
Nice. We knew you were shit at pool already BTW.
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
Cool. I like yellow Suzuki off-roaders!

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
Lube. Chain not sex.

The drive back yesterday was good apart from M6 traffic at Birmingham. I picked up my enduro riding friend on the way back and we unloaded the bike and locked it in the shed (no steering lock or keys on these things). Then we went out for our end of GP race season piss up and played pool for the last part of the  afternoon. I got beat 5-3.
Hang over wasn’t too bad this morning as I was home for 9pm. To clear my head I was out early to sort the shed to dismantle my engine hoist and put it up for sale as it’s taking up space and I very rarely use it and will find other ways to support a front end when doing steering bearings (five years or more for the Triumph). Both batteries are 100% on the Optimate. Came inside to then spend the rest of the day making the frame for the full height wardrobe and shelves in the kids room - next Saturday should finish it. Been choosing some more security for the bike. I need to get the bike MOT’d and need to go see the tester to see what he’ll be looking for. I need to get my head down and graft to pay for the bike and find second hand kit but buy a new lid. The plan is to be out for my first rides end of January.

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 103
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
Looks like it should be good fun.

Is that a puddle of oil under it?

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
moths...

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
Pics to follow. A Suzuki. Enduro. Softer version of the RMZ. Good nick and well maintained. Got a lot to sort in the next two moths on work, bike security, bike kit to make it all go to plan. But first rung on the ladder is sorted.

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
Did you buy it?
If so, what and where’s the pics?

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
Good four hour drive in a brand new hire transit van and I am impressed with how "car like" it is. Smooth, torque, cruise control, great sound system. In my Travelodge bed after a hot powerful shower. For £45 it's great value. Will inspect and test ride the new scoot tomorrow morning from cold and if all's well return home and plan some small adventures. Second hand off-road kit on Fleabay's easy to come by and cheap enough though I'll buy a decent lid new. First month will be a strip and check and service of main items (workshop manual is on the way from Fowler's)
I've got my Arai X3 if you'd like it? 

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
Good four hour drive in a brand new hire transit van and I am impressed with how "car like" it is. Smooth, torque, cruise control, great sound system. In my Travelodge bed after a hot powerful shower. For £45 it's great value. Will inspect and test ride the new scoot tomorrow morning from cold and if all's well return home and plan some small adventures. Second hand off-road kit on Fleabay's easy to come by and cheap enough though I'll buy a decent lid new. First month will be a strip and check and service of main items (workshop manual is on the way from Fowler's)