• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: He's coming...  (Read 33247 times)

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
Re: He's coming...
« Reply #643 on: 21:44 - 6 December, 2019 »
If we’re told it’s necessary what will the great British public do...?
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #642 on: 22:15 - 5 December, 2019 »
It's what worries me most about Brexit is the possible move toward US employment, health and food safety standards being reduced to make the UK "competitive".
yes that is the major concern I have

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #641 on: 19:59 - 5 December, 2019 »
It's what worries me most about Brexit is the possible move toward US employment, health and food safety standards being reduced to make the UK "competitive".

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
« Reply #640 on: 15:28 - 5 December, 2019 »
I don't think they do biodegradable tea bags  :wife
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 103
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #639 on: 14:35 - 5 December, 2019 »
We're basically being f :censored ked [filtered] over slowly but surely.

Once the US get it's claws into us we're stuffed, as they slowly control us more and more financially and we'll simply be their bitch in more ways than ever before.

We'll end up having to throw our PG Tips into the sea at Southampton.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #638 on: 14:25 - 5 December, 2019 »
Boils my piss, Trumpo can say "I want the NHS" and "I don't want the NHS" in the same year but Corbs says the same thing today as he did in 1983 and yet he's the nasty ba :censored rd .

In other Trump news... The sulking and storming out of His Orangeness because Trudeau was sniggering behind his back is a thing of beauty. Bet he caught Melnarnia making eyes at Trudeau.
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #637 on: 16:18 - 4 December, 2019 »
Apparently nobody was laughing at Trump and the NHS is still safe (nudge, nudge, wink, wink....)

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #636 on: 10:28 - 3 December, 2019 »
That's a bit patronising.

Really? I take it you mean the last bit about putting yourself in someone else's shoes? Check out Twitter and see how those Nationals from Sweden (and other EU/Non-EU countries) are setting up a #VoteForMeToo to get them representation, are they patronising?

What gets me is people on over 80k a year are moaning about another couple of quid on their tax, like it's going to make them destitute.

The the pensioners who moan at losing £250 married allowance but will get cheaper fuel, free broadband and BBC TV License (ok, the last one is a bad thing).

It's like we can't see the wood for the trees. And yes, in the MSM Corbyn is painted as both ineffectual and yet the biggest threat to the west since Spanish flu, so no wonder he's not liked.

Do you ever question what the press doesn't tell us, like why hasn't lovable Boris the Cuddly Chunterer released the Russian Report?
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #635 on: 21:38 - 2 December, 2019 »
Easier to just call him a c :censored t (easier to spell and his supporters instantly recognise themselves)

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #634 on: 21:10 - 2 December, 2019 »
That's a bit patronising.

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #633 on: 14:48 - 2 December, 2019 »
... And yes I did have to look up how to spell pinocchio but that doesn't make him right.

Why, sounds like he's spot on?  (I would have to look it up too BTW)

You don't think he's doing irony do you,(you know like a bit of old score humour - which admittedly doesn't cut the mustard these days) or maybe the great general pubic doesn't get that? Irony isn't PC anymore, everything ever said these days have to be factual to the nth degree (which if you really try to explain anything would take thousands of pages, so generalities are in - and of course, they can always be proven wrong, because unless you cross-reference every little nuance and explain every little caveat that is always going to be and exception to prove your case. So yes I'm entirely wrong and stupid now, because I haven't taken into account....whatever .

Irony? You'd have to spell that out because I don't what's ironic about what he says unless he can't spell it and he thinks his son is a liar.

And that's it aren't ALL the parties are "wrong" because they (have to) speak in general terms, to which there are always provable exceptions. And actually they all have valid points depending on your own perspective.

No. I think most sensible people know there's got to be some flex and that's why some things don't get done but if it's a headline policy then you should do it, look what happened with the LieDems last time, dropped ESA and Students fees but won 5p plastic bags, that cannot be just washed away for their voters that wanted exactly ESA and Student Fees to stay the same, that got them in to a lot of trouble and wasn't really valid. It's still all about their own careers while giving a sideways glance to public service.

The point may be that the general level of education is low, very low, but not as bad as the USA (yet)  (that's the general average, of course, there's extremes at either end....look at Donald) and I include MPs - some wouldn't know how to do a screw up, (Thick eh? ...but then you get master craftsmenwogayperso n that could call the non-screw person stupid and thick, but then would understand about fiat currency, or how negotiation works (I stick Corbyn and his proof of the NHS trading position - that actually proves nothing more than the starting point, rather than the outcome <roll of eyes> of negotiation, and those that want to believe buy it hook line and sinker.

Negotiations straddle a wide range of services and products. So if you want to buy a Fighter Jet what choices do you have, for example, do you go for an American one or an American one? Or what about drugs, do you go for an American one or an American one? I sort of see your point but people aren't stupid because they don't know about things like fiat currency, they have their head full of drug interactions or how to use a ticking stick or that trick or shortcut, or even worse how they are going to pay the rent or feed the kids. I don't know what you're saying about the NHS and Corbyn, because under him it isn't for sale so that's that.

So almost everyone is really good at something/s, and not others (thank god we're not all the same) and no not all votes are equal in their consideration and applied knowledge - is that the point he was making?  But nor is there a better or fairer way to do it, so we're stuck with it. The person that can't read and write and can't tie his own shoe lace vote is as important and equal to someone that is a highly skilled...whatever.

I don't think so, I think he said the great unwashed that called his son out as a liar (which is is) were way above their station in calling him out as they were too stupid to spell Pinocchio. And your last sentence says it all, whether the plebs can spell or not they have the ability to see his son is a liar and call it out and vote against that kind of privilege and preconception.

Rather than everyone everywhere spouting on about how right or wrong everyone else's politics are (And lets face it, if it were that bleedin obvious we wouldn't have differing positions), sometimes its good to sit back and say - I don't fu  :censored ing know. And I don't. I don't know who trust, or what to believe, for I am the great thick british public that doesn't have enough knowledge to make an informed decision (and I can do up my own shoe-lace!). The point is I realise that I know I don't know, and nor do I have the time to research it all (you can spend years getting a doctorate in politics and economics, and still be too thick to empathise or understand ordinary people).

So which way to I vote. No way at the moment.

That's fine, if you can't honestly say there's a preference for the Tories selling off the NHS or Labour funding it then I agree, you can't tick a box.

For me, as a leave voter, this government has had night on four years to sort it out and they did feck all. Getting Brexit Done (Johnson's new middle name) is a lie, we are heading for a transition. And what's worse for me I'd rather give up the thought of leaving quickly and have a ten year transition under Labour that would mean no linked job losses and peoples rights remain intact. The exact reason why the Tories are in the shit they are, it has to be their way or the highway. And if they get in the poor will be on the highway to hell.

So if you can't think of a decent reason for your own situation, how about thinking about it from the perspective of the less well off?
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #632 on: 09:05 - 30 November, 2019 »
... And yes I did have to look up how to spell pinocchio but that doesn't make him right.

Why, sounds like he's spot on?  (I would have to look it up too BTW)

You don't think he's doing irony do you,(you know like a bit of old score humour - which admittedly doesn't cut the mustard these days) or maybe the great general pubic doesn't get that? Irony isn't PC anymore, everything ever said these days have to be factual to the nth degree (which if you really try to explain anything would take thousands of pages, so generalities are in - and of course, they can always be proven wrong, because unless you cross-reference every little nuance and explain every little caveat that is always going to be and exception to prove your case. So yes I'm entirely wrong and stupid now, because I haven't taken into account....whatever .

And that's it aren't ALL the parties are "wrong" because they (have to) speak in general terms, to which there are always provable exceptions. And actually they all have valid points depending on your own perspective.

The point may be that the general level of education is low, very low, but not as bad as the USA (yet)  (that's the general average, of course, there's extremes at either end....look at Donald) and I include MPs - some wouldn't know how to do a screw up, (Thick eh? ...but then you get master craftsmenwogayperso n that could call the non-screw person stupid and thick, but then would understand about fiat currency, or how negotiation works (I stick Corbyn and his proof of the NHS trading position - that actually proves nothing more than the starting point, rather than the outcome <roll of eyes> of negotiation, and those that want to believe buy it hook line and sinker.

So almost everyone is really good at something/s, and not others (thank god we're not all the same) and no not all votes are equal in their consideration and applied knowledge - is that the point he was making?  But nor is there a better or fairer way to do it, so we're stuck with it. The person that can't read and write and can't tie his own shoe lace vote is as important and equal to someone that is a highly skilled...whatever.

Rather than everyone everywhere spouting on about how right or wrong everyone else's politics are (And lets face it, if it were that bleedin obvious we wouldn't have differing positions), sometimes its good to sit back and say - I don't fu  :censored ing know. And I don't. I don't know who trust, or what to believe, for I am the great thick british public that doesn't have enough knowledge to make an informed decision (and I can do up my own shoe-lace!). The point is I realise that I know I don't know, and nor do I have the time to research it all (you can spend years getting a doctorate in politics and economics, and still be too thick to empathise or understand ordinary people).

So which way to I vote. No way at the moment.

Offline Readmarx

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
« Reply #631 on: 22:43 - 29 November, 2019 »
There's an alternative that just doesn't sound credible but neither are the Tories. Greed, chaos and pollution or debt, inaction and misplaced goodwill....?

Still... Putin's envoy Trump is coming to backslap Putin's pawns Boris and Nige and whilst Trump is here he'll do his best to weaken NATO for Putin's benefit. The compromat on Trump must be quite compelling...

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
« Reply #630 on: 13:03 - 29 November, 2019 »
me2 :'(
Gary.

TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 103
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #629 on: 13:03 - 29 November, 2019 »
The Genial Johnson says well that's absurd you can show a tweet calling the PM a liar, it's suspect, I don't think the British public could even spell Pinocchio!

That about sums up their attitude towards people, I don't know why people still want to vote for the idiots when it's so obvious.

Boris is a chip off the old block as well, but I regrettably think they'll be getting back into power again :(