• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Have you missed your activation email?

Author Topic: CB's Bloglett FWIW  (Read 23811 times)

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
Re: CB's Bloglett FWIW
« Reply #29 on: 09:40 - 30 January, 2017 »
Did you do anything to the front end CB or does it balance well enough with the Nitron?

(asked in the voice of Alan Bennett)
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline Sidestand

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 57
  • The Older I Get , The Better I Was
« Reply #28 on: 22:47 - 29 January, 2017 »
Mainly wear & tear items then - upgrading to your favourite stuff as you go
Fazers are good bikes .........I love my FZS1000 .......and one day may get around to fitting a decent replacement rear shock & those R1 forks I got off Coxy 

Still, no hurry  8)

Offline celticbiker

• Hot Cross Bun
  • Like a post? 46
« Reply #27 on: 20:19 - 29 January, 2017 »
TBH they're the same price everywhere, because they are made to order.
I bought mine from brookesuspension because it was advertised at last year's price and that's what I paid.
The last one I got was ready in two weeks, I've been waiting four for this one.
I've got a feeling that Brook discovered their error and didn't place the order with nitron and are stringing me along for a while then will blame nitron and give me a refund.
If that happens I will not be happy and will make sure nitron know about it.
If you want a basic one with just pre load and rebound you can get them for under 450 but the mid range one (much better and recommended)  runs at nearly 660

Galaxy S6 & Tapatalk

Offline E.T.

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 39
« Reply #26 on: 19:10 - 29 January, 2017 »
:eatpie

CB...you spend a lot of time buying after market shocks  Where do you recommend for a good price on Nitron?

Offline Zippy

• Biscotti and Amaretto
  • CMC Moderator
  • Like a post? 85
    • about.me/zippyonline
« Reply #25 on: 18:55 - 29 January, 2017 »
CMC Bicycle Liason Officer - my photo a day thread
about.me/zippyonline

Offline Rob the Nog

• Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? 103
  • like a pear cider made from 100% pears
« Reply #24 on: 17:16 - 29 January, 2017 »
It sort of works in a Alan Bennet voice.

Offline Readmarx

• "these monster whopper bum drillers must be stopped"
  • King of Cake
  • Like a post? 87
  • Bikes, ale & French actresses
« Reply #23 on: 16:27 - 29 January, 2017 »
I tried reading that as a poem but it doesn't quite work.
Mother Nature rides a biker

Offline celticbiker

• Hot Cross Bun
  • Like a post? 46
« Reply #22 on: 13:05 - 29 January, 2017 »
Well as you all probably know by now the tdm is in a coma until the summer so I bought a fazer 8.
I have always wanted one since they first came out as they seem like a good compromise between the 600 and the 1000.
I had a 600 for a couple of weeks (the first of the fox eye) on loan and loved it but it was hard work commuting on it but I never wanted the thou because it was too common but when the 8 came out it looked better than the other two and you don't see many of them around.
When I saw it in the dealers I knew I was going to buy it regardless so didn't bother with a test ride. Got the usual sales crap, always serviced on time by the dealer, one owner, some nice mods, plenty of life left in the tyres, almost new c&s etc.
Don't know why they bother, they know me there and know better than to give me shit, let's address the previous bullet points.
Serviced yes, but with only 12000 on the clock what they mean is it’s had three oil changes.
One owner yes, what they didn't know was that that one owner was fond of wheelies and low gear hard acceleration.
The clutch isn't shagged but the basket is badly grooved and is taking a lot of work to get it back to smooth operation.
The mods consisted of heated grips, tail tidy and renthal ultra low bars (another indicator of a wheelie bike).
The grips work but are wired directly to the battery, who the duck does that any more, I've flattened the battery three times already so will have to fit a relay when I get chance.
The bars had to go and renthal sport low bars fitted, they are about 20mm higher and sweep back a little more.
I also changed the tail tidy for an oem rear end as apart from from keeping the crap off my back and top box I actually like the look of modern rear ends.
The tyres lasted two weeks(1000 miles), I guess plenty of life left depends on your point of view.
Chain and sprockets were just plain shagged as is the cush drive (wheelies again), but fortunately the rubbers from my spare tdm wheel are virtually new and are the same part number.
This might sound like a lot of worn out stuff but to be honest if you consider most riders the information wasn't exactly misleading it's just that with my mileage things that would normally take months to wear out like tyres, c&s, brake pads etc are fairly short lived for me.
The tyres were replaced with PR3’s and the c&s with a DID xhd and renthal sprockets.
As with all my bikes, the first thing to do was get that Silkolene out of the engine and get some Castrol in there with a new filter.
Raised the seat by 10mm and put a comfort gel insert in there, raised the rear end by 25mm and fitted a Nitron rear shock.
Finally I fitted Carbone Lorraine brake pads all round.
I managed to pick up a Scorpion carbon fibre slip on as well so that got fitted because carbon fiber.
Future projects still to do are hid or led headlights a set of spot lights and a laser line rear light ( don’t know whether to make it brake, fog or running light yet).
Once this shite weather is over and I get a dry day, I’ll give the bike a good wash and a soaking in ACF 50. I currently use FS365 it’s way cheaper than ACF50 but it needs a respray every time you wash so it  doesn’t work out cheaper in the long run.
« Last Edit: 13:12 - 29 January, 2017 by celticbiker »

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #21 on: 06:01 - 31 May, 2016 »

You look like you've witnessed someone drop a pie Al.

Nah, I'm like a springer spaniel if any food gets dropped. It'll never hit the ground when I'm around!

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
« Reply #20 on: 18:01 - 22 May, 2016 »
You look like you've witnessed someone drop a pie Al.
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #19 on: 20:43 - 20 May, 2016 »
Burned my hands on the price of them... £9.50 for cod & chips!

storm

« Reply #18 on: 12:20 - 20 May, 2016 »
did you burn your hands on the chips  :D

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #17 on: 11:41 - 20 May, 2016 »
Nice fish'n'chips CB. Got soaked coming home, should have worn my waterproof trousers.

Offline AlunL

• King of Cake
  • Like a post? 62
  • Let them eat cake!
« Reply #16 on: 17:33 - 17 May, 2016 »
I would suspect not. :D

Offline BashplateAlAssad

• The priest is the personification of falsehood.
  • Pie Ninja
  • Like a post? -40
  • Forget red, let's go all the way up to brown alert
    • http://www.gocmc.org
  • Best Owned: TDM 900
« Reply #15 on: 10:03 - 17 May, 2016 »
Would he let me borrow it for a week?
Gary.

Essex<-15miles->N15 Commuter
TDM900 Blue
FZ1 in Black
Black Kawasaki GPZ305
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.